Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

***GRANNY CAKE Recipe***

Hey Sweet Friends!

Today I am sharing one of my families
ALL time FAVS Desserts!
I am Also linking up with
Stone Gables, On the Menu Monday
because I know this Cake Recipe is
sure to be a hit wherever it is taken.

This Granny Cake recipe belongs to
hubbys grammy.  He loved it so much that
when we were first dating,
 and she was still alive he called and got it from her. 
He actually use to make this
and bring it to my family functions before we were married.
It is very easy cause it uses 1 Box of yellow cake mix.

It is OOOOOEY and GOOEY...so if that's
your MO with desserts then you will LOVE this.
Granny Cake Recipe

1 Yellow Cake Mix Box
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 Can Crushed Pineapple (I believe 16 oz)
2 eggs

Topping:
1/4 Cup Brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 Can Condensed Milk
2/3 Cup sugar
Options: Use a can of Fruit Cocktail insteal
of Crushed Pinapples.  I have also added
Mandrin Oranges as well.

Add to the cake mix your sugar, eggs and can
of pineapple and mix items well together.
Place in a 9x13 greased cake pan. 
Spread 1/4 cup of brown sugar over top of cake. 
Bake in a pre-heated 350 over.
Bake 30 or until not gooey.

While cake is baking, in a sauce pan melt
butter, then added sugar and can of
condensed milk.  Bring this to a boil
and lower heat and cook for approximately
3 minutes. 
Stirring Constantly!
Take off heat and once
cake is pulled out of oven...use a toothpick
to punch holes all over cake and pour
this gooey mixture over entire cake.
I also, pull all sides away from pan so that
the topping can ooze its way down the sides.
Let this sit and the topping will soak
into your cake!

Serve with a dollop of whipped cream!
Enjoy!


I made this on Monday afternoon for my
Bible study on Tuesday. 
My family was so indignant that  it wasnt' for them
that I
had to make sure I gave them each a piece before
I went off to share this.
That's how much they love it!
When my daughter got home from school
yesterday first thing she asked...
any cake left over?
 I was sorry to inform her it was ALL gone!

I'd love to hear of you decide to make this.
I can assure you everywhere I take it
I always have to give the recipe out!

Be Blessed!
Lorena

1 comment:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh girly...I'm sooo going to try this recipe out. Sounds delicious! YUM-MEEEEE!

It is YOU who bless me!

xoRebecca