Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Friday, January 27, 2012

***Hankie LOVE*** Sharing Display Ideas (Pink Saturday)

Hi Sweet Friends!!!

Welcome to my humble blog!
Today I am joining with Beverly over at
for our weekly Pink Party!
Please click on the link to visit other
PINK lovers!

My post today is around my LOVE
for vintage hankies. 
I have been collecting these for longer than
I can even remember.
I love them so much that I wanted to
incorporate them into the decor
in my Master Bedroom.

I hope you will be inspired to display
these wonderful pieces of history.
There are so many patterns and beautiful
arrays of floral that touch this
rose lovers heart.
Shall we get started?

These first two pictures are of Spoon Racks
that I have turned into hankie holders.
My sweet friend Rhea is the one that
I saw this done.  I LOVED this ideas
and asked if I could copy it!

This display wrack was actually a trash pick
that a friend gave me because she knew I
could come up with a unique idea for it...
These next 3 pictures below are of another shelf
I have in my bedroom.  I have some vintage
planters that I picked some pretty hankies
and placed them out for display in them.


This hankie is so special to me.
It was made by my sweet grandma who
we lost a year ago.  She was a lady ahead
of her time.  I credit her with the creativity
that GOD has given me.
This is sweetly folded, after pot pourri has
been placed inside...
and then sewn together as you see it.

My last pictures are of 3 hankies that I fell in love
with and found frames to place them in.
These are above the headboard.
Do you think these are just soooo purrrty?
I do, and I love the vintage feel they give to my room.

I so hope that I have encouraged you to think
outside the box.  Dig through your drawers and
find some unique ways to display hankies...
and
I'd love to hear your ideas!!!!

Be Blessed,
Lorena





25 comments:

Denise said...

Love this post for my collection.The first one is so easy!I should have kept My old brown spoon holder.Off to Goodwill-HeeHee

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You KNOW that I also L0VE hankies!! Great ways that you have them displayed. I should frame some! Don't have that much wall space in my bedroom...or on any wall!
Happy Weekend!
Warmly,
deb

Mrs. Smith said...

Lorena, you sure do know how to make things beautiful!

Hope you have a blessed weekend!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a great idea to use a spoon holder for displaying hankies! You have some delightful hankies too, Lorena. Happy Pink Saturday and have a lovely weekend. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

I have a good sized collection of hankies, too. I even use them about the house spilling out of a pretty bowl, or one with exceptional lace draped to show the lace off....I can't resist a pretty hanky and I see you can't either!
HPS!
Jil♥

Lorraine said...

Oh, I just love these vintage hankies! I like the white rack display with the corner of the hankies pointed down. And I love the ones you've framed too! I need to get mine out and on display. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Marti McClure said...

Your collection of the vintage hankies is just fabulous! And your dispalys are so creative and beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Anonymous said...

How creative! Love the spoon racks with hankies. Happy Pink Saturday!

Antiques And Teacups said...

I just love vintage hankies. They are such a great color accent and your ideas are terrific!
Ruth

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love hankies! I don't know why I have never thought to frame the really special ones! They look so great!

Carol

Unknown said...

Great hankie display idea Lorena, I love the spoon rack idea, I have a good collection myself and was always going to create a small hankies quilt, and it is on my "to do" list! Lol Hugs and Happy Pink Saturday! Marilou

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Lorena,
I love the spoon rack display piece used for hankies!! So cute and what a great idea!! So many other inspiring and charming ideas on ways to display hankies!! Lovely collection you have along with your other pieces!!

Hugs,
Debbie

ItaJeff said...

Lovely pink post!
HPS

much love,
ItaJeff, Malaysia

Anonymous said...

very great AND pretty ideas, Lorena! ♥

Gabriela Delworth - Instructional Designer said...

HPS!


What a clever idea!


Gabriela

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous! Happy Pink Saturday and may you have a great weekend!

PINK Albums

Unknown said...

You are in an Etsy treasury http://www.etsy.com/treasury/NjY0Mjc0N3wxOTY2ODM1NzE3/my-talented-friends

Beverly said...

Lorena, I love every single one. They are all so pretty, and they must have stories they could tell. I only have a few, but they belonged to very special women in my life.

Happy Pink Saturday. I am so glad you joined us today.

Loretta said...

Your vintage hankies are very pretty displayed in that way. What a great idea!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Perfect idea! I have some spoon racks on the attic....you have inspired me! I would love for you to link this up at our "impossible" party! Here's the link:

http://thistlewoodfarm.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/a-journey-of-1000-steps/

Thanks for the inspiration!

blessings,
karianne

bohemiannie! art said...

You have totally inspired me to get my vintage hankies out of their box and out for some fresh air!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lorena, I just love all your pretty vignettes and the hankies on the spoon rack is always one of my favorites and I just sold one last week for a nursery with spoons and hankies.
Love the ladder style display too and the framed hankies for those special treasures is wonderful over your headboard.
What a great idea.

Your talents are always inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

So great to see you and isn't the Inn gorgeous. How grand a wedding there would be.
Have a great week sweet friend and blessings always.
XO Celestina Marie

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Lorena!
I love vintage hankies and I love your ideas for displaying them. The spoon rack is genius! I have hankies from my grandma, mom & aunts that I plan to do something special with. I'll let you know when I do it and post it!

Hope all is good for you! Hugs, Sherry

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Hi,
I'm your newest follower. I wanted to thank you for sharing the ideas of displaying the hankies. I have a very pretty vintage-looking metal wall thing, for lack of a better word, that I was going to hang them on, but it only had five different levels. It was really pretty, but after seeing your pictures I decided to have my husband build one from scraps from my basement craft room remodel. Thanks for sharing all the lovely pictures!
Julie

belfast fashion week said...

You share such nice hankie with us. Its all hankie is beautiful and wonderful. Its amazink work.