Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Tea Time Tuesdays!


Happy TEA Tuesday Everyone!

I am finally getting my act together and joining early
my sweet friend Sandi
for our weekly Tea Time Tuesdays!

I have so many goodies to share with
you today.






I am sharing a set of 6 Tea Cups
that I ordered over 20 years ago from
a wonderful catalog that had goodies
from Ireland and England.
Each cup is unique to itself, but
if you look closely the have the same
rims and edges to make
them a set.

Also I found one of my many TeaPots
that I have and felt it would work well with
my sweet lil set.

Won't you join me for some tea and
Amish Bread?


Oh...this is a family favorite.
I found a sourdough starter in my
recipe file that I had forgetten I had.
And began the *brewing* process for
the past 10 days.
And...Today was day 10!!!

Fresh out of my oven and on to your
plate is this yummy moist bread.

AMISH Cinnamon Bread

Day 1......do nothing with you starter but getting it going
Day 2-5.. stir your mixture each day
Day 6......add 1 cup flour, sugar and milk to your mixture, mix well
Day 7-9...stir your mixture very well
Day 10....add into a large bowl your mixture.  Add 1 cup flour, sugar and milk, mix well

Reserve 2-4 cups of mixture for your next week of starter.  You can give 2 or 3 cups of this to friends with your recipe if you like.

Now in the big bowl add to the remaining mixture:
1 cup oil               3 eggs
1/2 cup milk          1tsp vanilla

Dry Ingredients added once the above ingredients are mixed:
2 cups flour           1 1/2 tsp BPowder      1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar            1/2 tsp BSoda           2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg vanilla pudding mix
Optional: 1 cup of nuts or choc chips

Spray 2 loaf pans, sprinkle pans with a cinnamon sugar mix and on top of batter as well.
Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour or till center pulls out clean.

I also have used different types of pudding mixes as well and mashed up bananas...this recipe is so easy to work with and I am sure you will love it too.

Please feel free to copy this recipe...it's reeeeeallllllly good!

Thanks for stopping by
and leaving comments today.
Blessing to All!
Lorena






12 comments:

Connie said...

Those teacups are stunning, honey. I've had the Amish bread and it is delicious, too.
xoxo,
Connie

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Lorena,
Ooh, I love your pretty tea pot and teacups! They are all so lovely! The recipe sounds a lot like a Friend Cake my friends and I used to do years ago when the kids were all small. This sounds really good too! Thank you so much for sharing your china and recipe, and for joining me for Tea Time. I so appreciate it! Hope you have a lovely week filled with lots of sunshine.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Yes, I'll join you! The recipe sounds fantastic! I had some sour=dough starter years ago, but eventually let it go. I just love your cups and saucers and particularly like the way that you stack them in the little racks. I've never seen those racks before, but they are so romantic.
Thanks for making my day a little prettier!
hugs
ANDREA

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your tea set is very pretty and it's neat that they're all different but belong together.
The cake looks enticing - maybe a small piece.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

The cup and saucers are VERY Pretty!! I haven't tried any Amish breads...sounds very good.
Your bathroom is also very Pretty!
Take care and thanks for sharing your pretty C&S.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

What a wonderful post...your tea set is gorgeous!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

You were right! You did have so many things to share and are they all so lovely!!
What a delightful post!!
The amish bread looks so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!
Debbie

Beth said...

Lorna, Your teacups and teapot are gorgeous! I love your white lace tablecloth too! What a pretty vignette!
Beth

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Lorena: I just love this set of tea cups. I have one cup and saucer that matches. I would love all of your. They are just stunning. Thank you so much for sharing. Please stop by a take a peek at my cups today. Have a great day! Martha

CIELO said...

Hi... first time here, and I’m glad I found you! The house in the roses is having a “Victorian Teacup Party” on Mother’s Day and I’m inviting you.... come see!

Cielo

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful tea setting, Lorena! Wish I could come have a cup of tea with you!! Wouldn't that be great fun?!?!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

GardenOfDaisies said...

I like all different teacups! Makes it special for each person to have their very own design.