Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy 26th To My Beloved!!!

August 2, 1986

Happy 26th to my dear sweet guy!

I hope you don't mind taking a walk down memory lane
with me.  My wedding was a very special day for us
and our family.  We made sure our families
we all a part of what we did and loved
every minute of the time we had that day!
  I was 26 and my hubby was 28.
I, the last of four girls to marry, yet
the Oldest of those four.

It all started on a HOT summers day in Auburn, Washington.
Time: 2:00
Church: Auburn Bible Baptist
Temps...climbing into the 90's
(church had NO air conditioning)


The groom and his bride...finally making it down
the aisle after 5 years of dating!

The bride wore a dress she helped design...and a
sister's friend graciously fashioned it perfectly!
Touches of Victorian and lace, simple lines, with a soft
satin like material...flowing train and button up back!


Awe...the groom gazing lovingly at his *about* to be
wife.

Loved ones who were gathered to witness. 
 So dear to our hearts!
The pastor shared from God's word about
marriage and God's plan.

When vows were all said and done,
it was *SEALED* with a kiss.

Awe...I Love you Babe!

It is always so hard to go back and realize just how fast
time goes by.  So much life Lived together. My guy
is my best pal and supporter in all things I do.
I truly know I am WHO I am today because
God put him in my life.

We plan a quiet dinner together out and
hopefully in the near future a much awaited
time away, just the two of us...
as
last year for our 25th my hubby started
a new job that whisked him off for
two weeks to Germany/England during our day. 
Finding the right time
to get away has been hard to squeeze in since
his job is so new and keeps him veeeery busy.
How many of us have *life* getting in the way so often
of the things we need the most?

Thanks for stopping by and sharing a special time
in my life with me!

Be Blessed,
Lorena

5 comments:

romance-of-roses said...

"Congratulations" to you both on your Happy Anniversary. Time does fly by doesn't it? Picture are wonderful, you had a beautiful wedding.d Also wanted to tell you that I will keep you in my prayers and hope your eye is not in serious trouble. Hugs...Lu

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Congratulations to you both, Lorena! Happy Anniversary! May you and your hubby celebrate many more happy years together. God bless!

Hugs & blessings,
Sandi

Alessandra said...

Dear Lorena, happy anniversary!You had a very beautiful wedding.
Kisses.
Alessandra.

Vicki said...

Hi, Lorena,
Happy Anniversary, sweet friend! You were a beautiful bride and still are beautiful!! I loved getting a glimpse into your lovely wedding day! Hope you can get away together for a little vacation~Have a happy weekend~Vicki

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Anniversary To You Both.

Many more to come. Love and Gods peace to you both.