Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hearts, HEARTS and More HEARTS!

Hi Dear Friends!

Thanks again for your continued prayers!
I am encouraged and Blessed.

Okay...Hearts?
YEP, it's that time of year isn't it?
I have had somewhat of a creative lul.
I think after Christmas and all of the business
and creative juices that flow, I just plain run outta steam
after the first of the year.
I felt like I was in a slump.
Trying to figure out just what do I want to do.
I used to LOVE to paint roses...
well I guess I still do...
but...
I wasn't doing this regularly.
Need to get back to my passion.
Roses and painting roses.


Hearts...well I have to say they place
2nd next to my roses.
I thought I'd show you some past Canvas's that
I have painted my Roses into a Heart Wreath on.
The one above is my absolute FAV.
These are some of my favorite things to
paint. Hmmm...think I must do one
for this year...note to self.
This one above is actually being offered up
in my Bonanzle store...for those who might be interested.

Alas I ramble....I did also create some
unique Heart Pockets.  Oh, a couple of
years ago I came up with a fun idea  for
a swap.

Above its all done up...
below was just before I embellished it.
See the lacy heart below? with the painted rose?
That went to my dear Friend Connie of
Living Beautifully. With all the goodies pictured.

But then I forgot about them until this year...
I got inspired again because of the
AMOUR Valentines Swap I joined.
So yesterday those juices
started to flow...Oh and look what I did.
I was so tickled with how this turned out.
Can you guess what my pocket is?
Yep, Its actually a lace paper doily!
It's not quite finished.  Just had to show you
what I have gotten my creative
juices doing..SQUEAL!!!  I plan to do something to
put into this and then hopefully sell
them in my etsy shop.
Stay tuned...lol

Oh thanks so much for indulging my HEART
obsession.  I really DO love them!

Have a great day everyone!
Lorena

7 comments:

Shabbychicdiva said...

You are so talented!! Everything looks beautiful!! Winona

GwendolynKay said...

Such a lovely collection of hearts. Great job.
Blessings!
Gwen

Connie said...

WOW!! You've never shown us that painting before I don't think, honey. I don't remember it. Love the little birds though.
xoxo,
Connie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love the little bluebirds that you painted on the first heart! Your doilie heart is awesome!!! Glad you have crafting and painting. I think God gives us these talents to keep us UP when we are Down and to share them with others.
Warmly,
Deb :)

Anonymous said...

Hearts and roses together are just perfect! ♥

Elaine said...

So many pretty things ...I wish I had just a little of your talent.
The rose painted hearts are beautiful

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Lovely hearts, Lorena!