Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Struggling but...creating

Hi Friends,

Well..the past few days I have been struggling.
My dear daughter left Monday for her senior trip
to...Hawaii! Can you believe that?
Boy does this Mom wish I could have gone...
but my daughter has worked so hard through
her High School years, gotten such good grades,
endured some emotional hard times and
still has come out on top.
Her true Character and Love for our
Lord has grown...so I guess
I won't begrudge her this fun time in her life.

So...I headed to my studio to see if I could
put any life to the many unfinished things I
need to do.
And as I often do, I get side tracked.
Going through some spring things I hadnt
finished last year I came across a large
Paper Mache egg...
and the juices began to flow.
I even found some older paper roses
that had started to fade that were
PERFECT
for this project.
Doncha LOVE it when an idea
comes out and it all falls
into place?

So I took some pictures and figured I might as
well see if this would sell.
That's another reason I am down.
But I know the times right now
are hard for everyone...
this family is no exception.
Hubs still is looking for work after
almost a year and a half.
God's perfect plan is being
waited upon by us...
but you know...
the seats in the waiting room are gettting
pretty hard.

Okay...pictures to tease...





Then I took a few pictures of another sweet
nut cup basket I made for one of
my dearest friends!
I knew she'd like the pink and blue
I used in this one.


PS..I gave my basket to my friend Susie last night and
She LOVED it!


Thanks for stopping by and letting me share!

Have a great day!
Lorena

3 comments:

Connie said...

I know it's hard to keep a positive attitude through this past year but we're still praying for hubs to find a job, sugar.

The papier machè egg is gorgeous. I think it'll sell.

xoxo,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Wishin' & Hopin' & Praying your DH finds work!!
Love your eggs...They are so pretty!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Lorena,
WOW...your Easter eggs are so pretty ~ and the sweet little nut cup too. Paper roses...you are the Rose Queen!
I'll keep praying too. I didn't think it's been that long...
Your daughter will have a wonderful time...sure wish you could have gone along.
Take care!
Warmly,
Deb :)