Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

COME TO JESUS ~ Wednesday 7/23



As I have been pondering just what to write today. I have been reminded over and over again of GOD's workings in my life for the 10 months. These past months would not be months I would EVER want to go through again. I don't remember a time when I so felt like I was drowning or being pull under, over and over again. I would think that I am treading water, and down I'd go again. But I have built a lasting resolve that I would follow Christ and that was what kept me going.

As we all know, God's timing is everything. I have been attending our church's WOW (Women of the Word) for over 10 years now. This year we were doing Beth Moore's newest study, STEPPING UP, the Ascents of the Psalms. Within Psalms are 15 chapters all about Isreals Pilgrimage to Jerusalem for the many feasts that they celebrated. On their way, they would go over these Psalms and recite them. What made this study even better was our Pastor had JUST finished doing a series of these very same Psalms, 120-135. Each chapter in its own right has at least one lesson we can apply to our life. But one stood out for me as being pivotal and really touching my heart.

Psalms 121:

1. I lift my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
2. My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.
3. He will not let your foot slip - he who watches over you will not slumber;
4. indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber or sleep.
5. The LORD watches over you - the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
6. the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night.
7. The LORD will keep you from all harm - he will watch over your life;
8. the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.

From Beth's first video I knew GOD would use this in a mighty way. She had prayed for us before we started this study that we would find a time during the day to go to our QUIET Place and get on our Knees before God...I got GOD~bumbs...because before we had even started this study, I had already been there on my knees, crying out to GOD. And I had been not doing this on a consistent basis before that.

Also, God has a way of using SONGs in my life and I had been hearing Casting Crowns Song, PRAISE You In the STORMS. And right in the middle of this song is..."I will lift mine eyes to the hills, where does my help come from...my help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth". Isn't I so amazing how GOD can take sone and his word an connect things like this together in your life? Coincidence? I don't think so. I knew that GOD does this for a purpose...to build my TRUST in Him. When things would get rough and my heart was hurting, I was playing this song over and over, praising my GOD through my storms. Now...if you are like me Praise is the hardest thing to do when you are facing lifes trials...but I began to find such comfort and release when I would do this.

As these trials began to touch my child that was when it got very hard for me and I was at my lowest point. When someone was doing some very unjust things to her, I have never experienced the hurt or anger like that towards anyone. Yet again, God's stepped in and His still small voice was telling me to Praise Him, pray for this person and FORGIVE. That voice quietly kept telling me I AM God, I can see what you are going through, give it to me. Trust ME! What? Trust ME. After much inner battle I relenquished and forgave and soon began to trust.

TRUST...I knew through all of these trials that at some point they'd ease up and I'd be able to look back on them and begin to see what GOD was doing. And yes, it has eased some...and I DO see God's hand in all of these trials. His contant for me was His promise to Isreal that he is right by their side, he does not sleep or slumber, he watches and see's it all. And that no harm will come my way..unless God has a purpose in that too. What sweet release it is to know I can honestly TRUST my life, my family to a living GOD who never slumbers or sleeps..but keeps watch over me. I can only hope and pray that this may help someone going through trials today.

If you have never heard Casting Crowns song I'd love for you to hear it. Here's a link to U-Tube of this Song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw



Have a blessed day..Lorena

7 comments:

Gone said...

WOW...God has been working in my life the past week...hence my testimony on my blog!! He does these things for a reason!!

~Blessings,
Jan

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Lorena,
Thank you for sharing your story. Maybe, at some point, I'll share mine. Your name is entered in the drawing. Thanks for visiting me. I truly feel blessed by you blogging gals. Warmly, Deb

Donna Lynn said...

Sweet Lorena,
Keep your chin up and your heart lifted to God...he will see you through this dark time I promise! You are constantly in prayers, you and I made a promise to do that for each other and I know it makes a huge difference!!

Bless you sweet sister,
Donna Lynn

Anonymous said...

Lorena,
This is my first time visiting your blog. Thank you for the testimony. I've got some storms to weather and your post just reminded me that I still need to praise God no matter what. The song that gets me through is "God Is In Control" Always seems to be on my mind....hmmm....maybe I should listen to it!

Michele P. said...

Thank you for your post, it has helped me renew my strength when feeling a bit sad today.

Roxie Morrow said...

Very nice blog. I found you through Shabby Addict. I'll stop by again soon.
Roxie

Miss Gracie's House said...

I DO love that song-what a journey this is-always, always learning to trust. It is soo hard-we want what we want. But God is our HOPE-without Him it is all nothing.
I pray that you will have continued healing and grace in your life.
Pop on over later today-I'm posting about what God has been doing in my life as well-different circumstances, same lessons...
Blessings,
Rene'