Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Friday, July 11, 2008

Before/After ~ Craft Room Projects


Oh...I can't wait to show you what I have been doing this past week!

Last Saturday was just a perfect day to go out and spray paint. I decided to spray some frames that I needed for pictures in my room...you know I gotta coordinate everything! lol...then I also sprayed my quite large Cork/memo/message board for my wall. I also used a wonderful slip cover that I had made a long time ago and put it over the back of my rolling chair and then stapled the same fabric to the seat area. I just LOVE this fabric full of stripes and posies!!! Then on top of it all...my sweetie finally showed me after all these years, how to use his drill. I drilled some hole in a really neat shelf that I am using for my ribbon, sorry tho, no before picture of this...cause it was already painted pink. Hope you enjoy what I have done!

BUT, before I forget...I also wanted to show you a picture of my room with my drafting/cutting table set up in the center. I am now officially creating in my NEWLY painting/organized/Craft ROOM...Yay!!!!

Before these were painted they all were differing colors...now they are a pretty creamy Heirloom white...like my furniture that I have painted.




I just love this sweet picture. It was made for me by my daughter when she was in 2nd grade...a mother days gift. I HAD to frame it and keep it close to me!
Before/After shot of my Message Board

I just can't get over how COOL this looks..I also put cup hooks on the lower part so that I could hang more ribbon...the sides tapered down so I couldn't drill holes...but I found a way!

Oh yes...I forgot yet again to get a before picture of this plate rack. It was gold and I decided to paint it pink so I could hang some pretty plates in my room. I AM Sick for pretty floral plates especially if they have hand painted roses on them..well anything w/roses doesn't get to far past me...lol.

This last picture is of a Rock I purchased from a guy who engraves just about anything you'd like into the rock. It represents who I feel deep down inside I am. I think if I could not create or do something with my hands...I would shrivel up and die. Creating beauty is what I believe GOD created me to do. I will do it as long as he allows me to. I am so blessed to have a hubby who supports me in this and has allowed me to CREATE this wonderful space just for my creating. I am TRULY Blessed.

Blessings to all...Lorena

10 comments:

Connie said...

I LOVE it all, rose chic chick!! But then I have some "originals" from you!! You did a great, great job, Lorena!!
Smoochies,
Connie

Kim's Treasures said...

Looks so nice and pretty! I bet you enjoy creating in there!
Hugs!
Kim

Jan~Feather Your Nest Antiques said...

Your craft room looks like you're all ready to create anything! Great job...now create your heart out!

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Lorena!
Your craft room is so fabulous! I really like how you've done all your spools of ribbon, you can actually SEE what you have! The chair cover is so cute. And the frames look so good all painted one color. The best picture is the one your daughter did of course! I know you are just having the best time crafting in that wonderful room you created!! The rock says it all!!
Hugs, Sherry

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Lorena,
Nice job on your craft room:) Do you want to come over and help me with mine...it's just cement walls, floor, studs. I do have lights and JUNK all over, just waiting to be organized:) Come visit me sometime:) Happy Weekend. Warmly, Deb

Miss Gracie's House said...

Lorena, your room is looking great! I love the little hardware organizers you've painted pink-I've picked some up but never painted them yet.
THANK YOU soo much for the kind words of understanding. I'm sorry you are going through rough times but it is a time for grace and growth, isn't it? Has your "work" (painting, creating) been a way to get through it? I read your words about *having* to create and I soo understand. That's where I'm at-I started Miss Gracie's following a difficult and sad time-it has given me an outlet of beauty when everything around me was swirling out of control. Sometimes that makes me feel guilty-so your words struck a chord with me.
Blessings,
Rene'

Michelle said...

You've done a great job with your craft room! I'm still in the process of working on "my" area in our finished basement. I understand what ya mean about the 'need' to be creative. I'd much rather make something to give as a gift than just go buy something.

Hope you're having a great week!

Happy Crafting!
~Michelle

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi again Lorena!
I have an award for you on my blog, stop by to get it!
Hugs, Sherry

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh, Lorena, you must be in HEAVEN!! I wanna come play in there with you! Everything looks so well-organized & is "see-able". I think even I could create in there! M's sweet Mother's Day pic for you is so very special!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Jeanie said...

This looks FABULOUS and I especially love the ribbon rack. Boy, you can tell what a lot of work you've put into your room. Four stars!