Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Saturday, June 15, 2013

BESTEST Easiest Peanut Butter Bars ~ Ever!!!

Hey there Friends!
Do you have childhood memories of food?
These Peanut Butter Bars are one of those
for me.  As a kid, if I got *hot* lunch at school
it usually was because Peanut Butter Bars
were on the menu. 
My mom, gave me this recipe many years ago when
she was weeding out her recipe.
  It was given to her by a friend. 
When I read it, I remembered
those bars we used to get...and well as they say,
The Rest is History.
I have adapted this recipe to what I remember as a child
and got in the school lunch.  Now
when I take these to parties and potlucks they always
receive rave reviews and a copy of the recipe.
It is easy and I hope you will LOVE them too!
(Here is the well used original recipe, it is quite Yukky!)

PEANUTE BUTTER BARS

1 Yellow Cake Mix
1 Cup Peanut Butter (I use Creamy)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1/3 Cup Water
Options: Choc Chips/Nuts
(I do not add as my fam loves them plain)

Mix all of these ingredient together. 

Your mix will be quite thick as you see below.
Spread evenly in pan.
BAKE: 350 for 25 Minutes


Once the bars get out of the oven, I pour my glaze over
the mixture and then let it cool

Peanut Butter Glaze

1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Tbls Peanut Butter
1-2 TB Water

I like this to be slightly thin.  But you can make
this to how you would enjoy it.


These bars are VERY moist and gooey and
you will not be able to eat just one!
Here above is a picture as it just comes out of the oven.
And below you see the glaze that has been poured
over the *hot* bars.  As it cools it will set up
and be so yummy!


I  wanted to make sure that I would have the recipe
for years to come
So I am sharing this with all of you!

Enjoy










No comments: