Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

*WILL YOU JOIN ME?* Share your Collections




WILL JOIN ME?

This past week I needed to make space in my closet of my Studio. I had displayed some of my dolls on the top shelf and decided to move them into my Master Closet. Thinking to myself as I moved them from one room to the other..hmmm says I, collections...I am gonna blog about the many I have.
Would any one else like to do this? You don't have to do it every week...but I am going to try and do one for a while. I'd love to have anyone who LOVE's this idea to join me, and then let me know so I can come visit your collections.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DOLLY's, My first LOVE!!!

So I am sharing my very first collection, which for this girl was my dolls. How many of you girls like me, started to collect them, or least amassed a few as the years went by? I actually had a HUGE collection that at some point in my life that I eventually had a weak moment and decided to let some go. I NOW regret this and wish I had kept them. YET, I did manage to keep a few cherished ones and would love to share them with you.
The 3 dolls in the picture above are just so precious to me. The very left one was my mom's. I believe she is a story book doll and I just love her so! She sure could use a good cleaning but I wouldn't even know where to begin with that. The other 2 were given to me as presents I am sure but I cannot remember by who.

Isn't she just darling...right out of the 1970's. This was a doll my Aunt Shirly made me. She has adorable Holly Hobby material, can you see it? What is so unique about her? Her body is made from a glass SQUIRT Bottle? Yep, I said a POP bottle!!!
Next, my mom said this was my very first doll. As you can tell, she is not in the best of condition, but I think she was well loved. Her face could use a cleaning, but I am not sure what do use...this is a rubber surface, any ideas? I know she is about 50 years old!
Here's is another dolly that was well loved. Silly, but I don't even remember if I named these first 2 dolls.
Oh, Penny BRIGHT. She was what I got instead of a Barbie. My mother thought my sisters and I didn't need a Barbie because of her *anatomy*...so we got Penny's instead.
Did anyone make Mop Rag dolls? This was one I made in the 1980's. I just LOVE her and have kept her with my remaining collection of dolls.
Here are a few other dolls I have kept. The one of the left was given to me by my dad's cousin. The peachy colored one was made in the 1990's by me. They both are sitting in my ORIGINAL Doll Cradle that I had growing up. I can't believe I kept it..but I did.
The clock on this side does show that I lost a hand somewhere in time.
THUMBLINA ~ awe...I really, really, wanted a Thumblina back in the late 60's for Christmas..but Mom and Dad could not afford her when she came out. But, the next Christmas, my mom found some at a bargain price ( there were 4 girls in my family all within 6 years of each other)..so theatfollowing year, my sisters and I got one. This one still moves when you pull her string.
I have put my DOLLS all in their new resting place, aTOP a shelf in my closets. They are also interspersed with some sweet Stuffed Animals that my darling daughter has given me through the years.

I bet if you are a mom of a young child now, you will recognize some of the American GIRLS that are in my display. Well..this momma could not put my daughters 3 American Girls in a box. I just couldn't. So they are visiting with my sweet dolls and stuffed animals, for now.


These dolls have so much meaning and a past for me. I still wish I hadn't given some of the others away..but I was probably purging or cleaning in my younger years and wasn't THINKING!!!

I sure hope you have enjoyed my DOLL collection. I wonder who will join me next week?

Blessings....Lorena

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What lovely dollies thank you for sharing.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Lorena,
You have a sweet collection of Dolls...I have only 1 of my childhood dolls...Tiny Tears..Ihad a Bridal doll and that was "taken" when we ahd a home being built..
Your idea sounds great...I'm not the best at getting posts donea ahead of time..otherwise it would be fun to do!!! I have a "few" collections"...LOL..
no rush on the tassel...it's a Christmas gift...I'm starting my "shopping now"..
Take care!
Warmly,
Deb :)

Bertie said...

What a fabulous collection of dolls! I wish I could join you as I have LOTS of collections, but I've been so swamped that I barely get to visit any blogs this summer. If you are still doing it later in the year, I'd love to join you.

Best of luck. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Hugs,
Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage

Connie said...

Lorena, those are cute! I'm sure a lot of people collect dolls. Mine, however, I gave to Mandy.
xoxo,
Connie

Shirl said...

Hello Lorena, what a sweet post. You have a beautiful collection of dolls and so many wonderful memories to go with them. I have so many collections and would like to join you with a post now and then. Are you going to do this on a certain day of the week? Let me know, I'll try to get something posted ahead of time.
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

KatCollects said...

It's fun to see all of your dolls. Yes I made mop dolls, way to many. I did a order for someone one time and had to make like 10 and I never wanted to make them again , lol.
Kathy

Journey said...

Beautiful dolls! Brings back memories of my dolls as a child - how I wish I still had them! Will "collections" be a regular post? I have several I'd like to share.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Lorena, all your dollies are just precious. I love Thumbilina & that doll cradle is just to die for!! I still have a few of my baby dolls, & mine looks like I always gave them shampoos & haircuts!!! And I always named them Suzy!! I wasn't a very original kid.

Can't wait to see more of your collections!!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents