Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

BLUE Mondays

One of my MOST favorite of all colors is BLUE so I decided that I would like to give BLUE Monday a try. This will be my first post of many, I hope. I do have LOADs of blue in my home and I will enjoy sharing it with you!

A Great BIG Thanks to Smiling Sally who is our wonderful hostess for this Monday post! As you can see, I was not merely just saying I LOVE blue. I have painted our Formal Dining room and deep Royal blue. I love it as a backdrop for my many teacup and tea pots I collect.

These 2 are items I have painted and sold in softs blue shades.
I just love this piece of pottery. Mainly because my daughter made it as a sophomore in her art class and then gave it to me. I am using it to show off some pretty bling I have!

Thanks for letting me share! I DO love to recieve comments and hope to stop by and visit all the other BLUE posts.
Have a blessed day!
Lorena

15 comments:

SmilingSally said...

What's not to love about blue? It's my favorite color too! I saw many gorgeous things in your blue dining room. Thanks for sharing. Happy 1st Blue Monday.

Connie said...

I absolute LOOOOOVE that blue dish M made in art class with all the bling in it! I'd put that in my living room with all the pink!
xoxo,
Connie

LADY JANE said...

Happy First Blue Monday! I love the blue...and of course the bling!Your royal blue walls are blue-tiful! And I spy some teacups I would love for my collection!

imjacobsmom said...

That is a lovely shade of blue in your diningroom. It does help highlight your teacups, etc. It looks so fresh and crisp with your white! Happy Blue Monday! ~ Robyn

Pearl said...

Hi Lorena... A very Pretty tribute to the color Blue... You have quite an impressive Tea Cup collection... Enjoyed seeing alot of your Treasures... Hope your week is off to a great start...
God bless...

~hugs 'n prayers~

Pearl

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

beautiful blues! Happy Blue Monday ~

jlshall said...

Those blue walls really do set off the china beautifully. Nice decorating idea. And a nice first Blue Monday post, too!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Dear Lorena, Loved reading about your own story and of your sweet girl. God is sooo good...always! I'm a little bit a head of you...I turned 50 in December...can't believe it!

Your hubbs sounds like mine...lets me do whatever I want! He has his own office space and also a beautiful wood workshop in the back. That is enough for him...oh...and a flat screen TV is on it's way for his office wall! :)

Loved visiting your blog...love the pics and your spirit! INSPIRING!

Bless you friend...xoRebecca

Kim said...

Great display of blue, but more than that, I'm loving the display of your collection of pretty teacups and the teapots. I collect them myself and it's always fun to see the patterns of china that others collect. Have a fabulous week!!

Tink *~*~* said...

Love that color on your dining room walls. I have a sofa that's very close to that color!

Happy Monday,
Tink *~*~*

Now Playing at My Mobile Adventures *~*~* :
Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade - Blue and Yellow Edition

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorena, your blue walls for the background of your lovely dishes and tea pots is a beautiful blue. the art glass and the bling is so pretty. A special treasure is the art glass dish your daughter made.

Hugs...Jeanne

Marie De Marco said...

very lovely decor. your art is very sweet.
thanks
marie

Jennifer said...

Lorena, Happy Blue Monday!Your blue dining room is very pretty,love the tea cup & saucer collection.Your cake cover is wonderful,I love your painting.The pottery your DD made is so neat looking to.Hugs,Jen

Donna Lynn said...

Hi there!
It was so good to hear from you! I just did a Rosy post, pop over and have a visit, hopefully it will uplift you and give you the Spring shot in the arm we all need right about now!

Take care,
Donna Lynn

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Lorena! The tea cups look fabulous against the blue wall. Great post! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, I really do appreciate that a lot! Wishing you a lovely day....
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)