Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SPRING Has Arrived Inside My Home!!!

WELCOME To my spring Cleaning Home Makeover!
(BEWARE ~ Lotsa Pictures in this blog!)

I don't know how you are when its time to SPRING CLEAN, but when the mood strikes me, I am unstopable. I have taken a break from my routine of crafting/painting to spruce up my home. It has been so neglected as far as really cleaning that I knew it needed some attention. And it seems to me that when this happens...I get on a roll and NOTHING, YEP, I mean nothing gets overlooked, from rearranging furniture, getting the dust off corners of walls, rugs and even changing of vinettes. It somehow refreshes and rejuvinates me! Is anyone out there like this? So I decided to give you a tour of my 1st level 3 story colonial.

Your tour begins coming in through my front door to our wonderful entry. I moved my Hall Tree from the front wall that use to meet you as you stepped through my front door. But I didn't go too far...just to a smaller wall on the other side of our coat closet.

I did craft a cute SPRING sign..which originally I had spelled it backwards! OOOPS, lol!

Now if you look up our staircase...I have created a spring look with a redo of a topiary and a large gorgeous hat.


As you look to the left entering my home, you will see my newly cleaned and rearranged living Parlor. Now this room really is MY girly room all done up for me. I have had this sofa/love seat for over 20 years now..and still have not grown tired of it. Sprinkled throughout this room are a few Spring goodies.
I know my lamps are missing their shades...thats a before and after that I need to get finished! Stay tuned!
I kept my small tree out and am continuing to adorn it with some new handmade ornaments for spring that I have thought up...I'll do another blog on that soon!
I knew I had a few birdhouses...but DID NOT realise that I have a small collection. So I decided to group them in a corner that is behind my love seat...by the doors that lead to my hubby's office/den (BUT you won't bee seeing that room anytime soon, a project waiting to happen)!



My cherished piano that my sweet mom gave me...can ya see the spring goodies?
Now, we are looking to the right of our entry way which leads into our Formal Dining Room. This is room in painted a beautiful Royal Blue and I think it really compliments my china and vinettes.


Table scape.
I took off some floral sprays I had on my chandelier and added these fun cups. I had seen this done and LOVED this idea.
I created an Easter Banner with Vintage Clip Art that I have been collecting. I just love the details the Victorians did with their art!

A dozen eggs, that I have painted.





I had shared with you in another post my Butler's Pantry Pass through pictures...it DID get tweeked a bit...here it is.







I just realized that I didn't take very many pictures of my Family Room. When you walk through our front door you will go straight back and come right into our most lived in room. I will have to take a few more pictures, cause I didn't realize that I hadn't taked any of the whole room. So...here goes my pictures...I did this morning JUST FOR YOU!

This is the main room our family lives in! We eat in here, watch TV and share movie adventures together! I really wanted a comfy but down home *Grandma* type decor for my family in here. Its not a room I often share, but we have mixed country french, mission and a touch of elegance i this room. I JUST love it!





You know when people take pictures, they often leave out there TV's. Well I decided that since I pretty ours up..you had to see what we look at when we watch TV....its not to bad, I think. (Sharon, you know who you are...keep your hands off my trays! lol)


Oh and THANKS to those who left me comments on my delimma. I did raise the *ends* a bit with some books, and stayed in the lighter tones. I really like how this feels!

This sweet vinette is on our eating area table...so we get to see this when we eat!
Thanks so much for allowing me to share my redo with you. Its always so much fun to do and do a show/tell afterwards. Don't cha think so?
Blessings...Lorena

10 comments:

Connie said...

You've got to stop this madness, chick!!!!!!! It's making me look bad and I don't want to "CLEAN" house - spring or otherwise!! Now stop it!! Hah.........
xoxo,
Connie

Bertie said...

You've really outdone yourself, my dear. This looks fabulous!!

I especially love the eggs you painted and the glass container with the nest and eggs spilling out. So cute!!

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage

Sandra said...

Very pretty! I love it!
Don't you just love when it's all spic n span clean? I am in the process of spring cleaning and look forward to having it all sparkly clean. :)

Katie said...

Lorena it's beautiful. I particularly love the tray in the last pic and the floral cart display thingie, just LOVE that! Everything is very fresh and pretty!

Lilly's Home Journal said...

How beautiful...I especially love the teacups and doilies!!! My favs.
So glad I found your blog!
Smiles, Lilly

vickie said...

Lorena! It looks fabulous! I like the new entry way "look".

Secondhandrose said...

I agree with Connie...you are making the rest of us look bad, Stop it! LOL. Thanks for the spring tour . You always make a nice home and your family should be proud.
karen

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Lorena,
It's all awesome:) I have to look again to remember some little decorating tricks I saw!!! Like the plates standing up on the end table.. and plates stacked with a treasure on them...
Now that you have some "free time" come over and help me !!
Cold, snow, cloudy here..so I'm not in any spring cleaning mood..
Warmly,
Deb

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh, Lorena, this has got to be my most favorite post EVER! Honey, you've been a busy bee. Of course I adore all your Spring decor', but I also love how you have rearranged things, too. And your carpet in the family room is beautiful ~ is it a sculpted Berber or what?

Loved seeing the birdhouses grouped together & sweet Chloe under them!! I want to put all of mine in the utility room I think....some day....

I see my bunny plaque is doing well! Love the finalized mantel. What is the thingy on the mantel ~ the knob? An adjustable heater/blower?

Love ya,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Unknown said...

Thanks so much ladies for your sweet comments!

Steph..lol that *thingy* is our humidity gauge for the house. Only you would notice that..YOU never miss a thing do ya!

Love to all....Lorena