Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

PINK Saturday

Welcome to PINK Saturday!

Today we were asked to share a Christmas Tradition with you.
For our family Christmas is the CELEBRATION
of Jesus' birth.  HE is the Reason we celebrate because
he IS Gods gift to mankind.  Thus, the reason we give
gifts to each other.


When my daughter was quite tiny we wanted to make sure that
our time of opening presents began with the reading of the 1st
Christmas.


I found this darling POP out page book that was unique and
grabbed my little ones attention.  She is now 18 and
we will continue to read this before we open our gifts.
I hope this will be a tradition that she passes on
to her own family when she has them.

Be sure to stop by our hostess Beverly of How Sweet The Sound
and enjoy visiting the other PINK participants!

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!
Lorena

13 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Lorena! Great Christmas tradition! We also read the Christmas story every Christmas morning before opening gifts. The Lord is the One we celebrate because He is the one who made the celebration possible! The book is very cute and I'm sure it will be passed down through your family. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS LORENA!!!

That is a wonderful tradition :)

Love,
deb :)

Unknown said...

Great way to start Christmas ... I have a book that we read also.

Merry Christmas,
TTFN~ Marydon
read/follow @ new blog
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Happy Pink sat Lorena,Love your Christmas tradition.That book looks very pretty.I love the Vintage Christmas Navy Guy ornament you sent me so much!!!!It will always remind me of my Joey.I will always treasure it, Lorena Always.Thank you so much for thinking of me.The aqua tag is so pretty too,I put it on my aqua tree and the Navy guy on our family tree.Thank you and Have a Very Merry Christmas,Jennifer

vickie said...

Happy Pink Saturday! what a wonderful tradition, Lorena. Your home looks so lovely, wonderful Christmas eye candy. Merry Christmas to you G and M.

Rebecca said...

This is a great tradition. Thanks for sharing with us. Merry Christmas an Happy Pink Saturday!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Connie said...

But now "M" can read it to you, sugar! How sweet that is. Jack and I usually read Luke at Christmas time. Makes me cry every time.
xoxo,
Connie

Blondie's Journal said...

Lorena~~

This is a wonderful tradition. I have a thing for pop out books and have quite a collection!

Happy holidays!! :-)

xoxo
Janie

PVK Devotionals said...

This is a lovely tradition for your family...I have a large angel in my home, holding a candle...we light this candle on Christmas morning for Jesus's birthday..it stays lit all day...I love traditions...Merry Christmas to you and all your loved ones......Patricia

Unknown said...

Lorena,
Happy Pink Saturday and a blessed Christmas enjoying the traditions of your family. I love the reading of the Book. When my kids were small we had a similar tradition with an Advent calendar that I made that told the story of our Savior. God's Goodness is Everywhere! Blessings Meg

GwendolynKay said...

I love that you still read the book even as your child became an adult. We are never too old to hear the story of Jesus birth... Blessings!
Gwen

Miss Rhea said...

That is lovely Lorena :) I am sure M will read it to her children as well :) Merry Christmas sweet friend and a Happy Belated Pink Saturday !!! :)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Lorena,
Traditions are a wonderful blessing at Christmas. Your daughter will have special memories to pass to her own family someday.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in the New Year. Through continued prayers we lift you daily.
Love you, Celestina Marie