Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Golden Honey Granola

Hi Friends!

I am Joining
over at Savvy Southern Style
be sure to stop by and see all the
fun things talented bloggers do!

I don't usually share much in the way of
recipes or cooking.
I am a much confessed lover of baking
but do not enjoy cooking meals unless
they are quick and easy.

So, yesterday when I ran across this Granola
recipe, something of which I had been
wanting to make up, I thought you all
might enjoy it too.  It's yummy and somewhat
healthy...


GOLDEN HONEY Granola

Dry Mix...all these together:
6 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup Dried Cranberries
1 Cup Dried Rasins or Apricots
1 Cup Sliced Almonds (Optional, my Fam does'nt like nuts)
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt

Wet Mix...heat these together:
1 1/2 Sticks of Butter
1/2 CupsHoney

In a Large bowl add all dry ingredients and mix
them together well.
Melt butter and then add honey to the hot mixture
and pour over the dry ingredients.
Mix all ingredients well together.

Spread mixture onto a parchment or
foil lined large cookie sheet.
Place in 350 oven
30-40 minutes
I put my buzzer onfor 10 and checked
and stirred these until they were golden.

Cool...then place in an air tight contain.

TIPS:
I do think I may have over cooked my a bit
so next time I will try 30 minutes instead.
I also may experiment with other ingredients like
dried pinapple, banana chips, dried apples
and add these once this has baked.





Hope you have enjoyed this!
I'd love to know if you are going to try this!
These make great gifts too!

Be Blessed,
Lorena

1 comment:

Rebecca Nelson said...

Looks yummy-fab to me my friend. I can actually eat granola. I've kept my 40lbs off and I'm not sure how...I've kinda been cheatin' a littah-bit this summer! :(

I love it when you visit me. It makes me think you like me or somthin'! :) HAR HAR HAR!

Love to you~

Rebecca