Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Breakfast *Club* Girlfriends (A Real Blessing) ~ Shabby Pink Pumpkin?


Hi friends!

Well, I am being true to my words and posting
a bit of what's going on today in my life.

Thursdays is my Breakfast *club* gals.
This group of gals, between 6-8 of us,
have been faithfully having breakfast, on Thursdays,
 now for over 12 years. 
It all began with an invite from one dear friend,
and the rest is history. 
We started when  many of our children were in 2nd grade.
Moms, stay at home or working part
time, began what I believe is one of the
best things anyone can have...support in friendship.

We have saved each other a gazillion $$$$ in counseling
bills...as we have shared lifes ups and downs,
struggles with school issues, hubby woes,
children woes, job losses,  health issues,
cancer, deaths in families,
and...
 as of late graduations and children
going away to college.

We ladies have been through
so much that we decided we would continue on,
even as our children are now flying the next.
I hold each one very dear to my heart and they
have become my support system.

Do you have friends like this?

I am truly blessed!



*****

Pink and Shabby Pumpkins...
I found a couple pumpkins last year that I
forgot I had...got them coated in pink
and then never finished them.
Well,
this past week I pulled them out and
got one finished...ya wanna see?

It's all painted in a soft pink, with happy pink
roses painted on front...


then I added some lace and a battenburg
lacy doilie on top...then
sprinkled a few of my clay roses,
pearls, glitter and pink bow on
top to finish it all off



A shabby chic Pumpkin for the
Pink lover in all of us!
Going right over and adding it
to my etsy when I'm through!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Be Blessed!
Lorena
 


4 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh how lucky to have your ladies group, and share your lives with each other! Your pumpkin is gorgeous! You can get the walnut spray at Joannes for $7.99 on the scrap booking department.

Carol

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

How great to have a group of ladies to have fun with!
Sweet pink pumpkin!!! You made is very pretty.
Maybe it's just my old eyes..the light blue of your blog is hard for me to read... just FYI!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Warmly,
deb :)

Micupoftea said...

You ARE very blessed, Lorena! No, I do not have a longterm group of friends. Seems everyone is too busy these days and puts friendship on the backburner. SO sad. What a treat to make a commitment to each other and share each others trials and joys. I have a daughter who is starting college this Fall and like many of the same books you do. Ever try the Jan Karon Cookbook? It has fabulous recipes. Enjoy the weekend :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a wonderful group of friends you have!!! Love your sweet pink pumpkin! I hope you will stop by my blog when you have some time. I'm having a giveaway at Garden Of Daisies.