Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Friday, October 21, 2011

***INSPIRATION***REPURPOSING/Upcycling*** Christmas Greeting Cards Into Ornies

Hi Bloggy Friends!

Wow, where did this week go?
I certainly have been a busy girl working
in my studio!  Yesterday I was out got a chance to
visit a dear friend who had some fun project
she needed help on.  So fulfulling!


Okay...if you are at all like me...
I save just about everything...
thinking I might be able to *create* something with it?

I thought I'd share some ideas on ways I have
used and repurposed those cards we receive and send out.

TAGS FOR Gifts:
I cut just the front part of the card off
 and use this as my tag.  You could put a hole
and slip a pretty ribbon through it or just
tape this to the front and bow on it!

IDEAS for MAKING Ornament out of CARDS:

Here's what I have done.
Select the cards you are going to use. 
Either Glue card together or cut the front off your card 
and glue a thinner piece of cardboard on back.
This will make a sturdier surface to work on.
Determine how you will hang then cut holes.
( I recommend do the card first and then the cardboard)
Glitter, tinsel or add lace all around.
Add ribbon or wire for hanging.
Embellish!

Easy peasy and such a great project for kids too!

Below is a sampling of what I have done for you to see!

The card above my sister Katina sent me.  I am sending it
back this way to her this year...cool idea huh?

Ideas are limitless...let your imagination be your guide.

I think this was a hand made card...
I think after seeing it in a
picture I still need to add some lace at the
bottom?

So...would you buy one of these darlings?
I am thinking of adding them to my etsy shop...
we shall see.

Hope you were inspired to use those
cards you may have kept!!!

Be blessed,
Lorena

PS...I'm Linking in over at KRISTEN'S Creations
Be sure to check out her lovely blog and
and participants!

9 comments:

LV said...

You have some very good ideas and turned them into reality.

Kristens Creations said...

I'm so glad you joined my party! Thanks for the congrats too...it is very exciting! We will just have to wait a year...lol. I'll have to be patient!

Your ornament cards are really cute...great idea! Kristen

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Lorena,
I think they are so cute !! What a great idea!!

Hugs,
Deb

Edie Marie's Attic said...

I love this idea Lorena! You've given me inspiration to get some old cards out and create!!

Hope all is good with you & hubby these days!!

Blessings & hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! I save my cards and group them together by theme to display them but I haven't gotten prave enough to cut into them yet!

Thanks for the link to the party! ♥

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

They are wonderful and it's worth a try to see if they sell. I know you can find them Victorian style for a nice little price as Xmas ornaments!
thank you for your visit and we still aren't cat people ... well, not totally :))

Mrs. Smith said...

I knew I was saving all those cards for something--I just didn't know what--until now! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hey, sweetie! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things and just had to stop by and say hi! I sooo appreciate your FB comments. I still don't know how to email you back thru FB, tho. LOTS to learn yet!

LOVE your sweet card creations. You always do the neatest stuff. Bet you are looking forward to the holidays and being with your sweet Miss M, huh?!?

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

Great! thanks for the share!