Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

OH MY CHRISTMAS TREE ~ Reds~n~Golds ~ BEFORE/AFTER


Christmas Greetings!

Oh I feel as if I am always LATE to the party!
So many have already jumped upon the season and gotten their
homes all decorated.
I finally had a breakthrough as to why I seem to drag
when it comes to getting started each year.
It's because, even tho
I always LOVE it when its all done...
shhhhhhh...I Clean when I decorate! Yikes!!!
Yep...that way I know its done up for at least till
the end of January when I *may* pull out my
SNOWMEN collection...and then...
clean again! lol

I am sooooo glad tho, I thought to start taking pictures
of my tree as I progressed over 3-4 days of tweaking
to make sure it was just right!
Let's begin, okay?
Just the bare tree and its lights...so Neecked!
 (please pardon my messes)
okay, its starting to get there

hmmmmm....I need to fill in some spaces!

yeah...added some more ribbon bows and its
 reeeeeallly looking much better.
Ahhhhhh...All done!

A view from our hallway, looking into our family room.

Another angle, looking at the tree from the kitchen door way.

How about a few of my favorite ornies and
some close ups?

 The Most IMPORTANT reason I celebrate Christmas!!!







 These last 2 pictures are of an amazing ornie hubby and
I bought many years ago at my daughters school acution.
I just absolutely LOVED its meaning!
I reads...
The greatest gift ever given...

Was given on a tree!

What a befitting reminder of why Christmas
is so important to believers.



For unto us a child is born,
unto us a son is given:
 and the government shall be upon his shoulder:
and his name shall be called Wonderful,
 Counseller,
The mighty God,
 The everlasting Father,
The Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 9:6
KJV

I love this verse!

May your season be blessed!
Lorena




PS...I am linking in with Kim @ Savvy Southern Style
for her *Boring to Better Party*
Just click to see the other participants!


7 comments:

ShabbyESP said...

Hello and Merry Chirstmas!!

I like your tree and I like how you showed the steps of completing it...so pretty!!!

Suzann

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty tree, Lorena! I love the ornament you featured about 'a gift given on a tree.' That says it all, doesn't it? Thanks for sharing your tree and have a lovely day, my sweet friend.

Christmas blessings & hugs,
Sandi

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Your tree is very pretty! After seeing how full yours is...I think I should "tweek" mine!
I'll send a couple little "things" as I have sold some at the booth/HQ and must keep a few for me! LOL!!
Bitter COLD today!
Warmly,
deb :)

GwendolynKay said...

Your tree is absolutely gorgeous! I enjoyed "watching" it come together. I think the manger under the tree is the best part.
Blessings~
Gwenny

Mari said...

HELLO LORENA,

YOUR TREE LOOKS BEAUTIFUL :) SUCH BEAUTIFUL ORNAMENTS :)

XO~MARI

shannon i olson said...

your tree is lovely, Praise to the Prince of Peace!

Sue said...

Your tree looks beautiful. And you aren't as late as I am...I haven't done anything for the holidays yet! I need to get my tree up so I can display the spoon I bought!