Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

A HEART THAT IS HEAVY

Dear friends,
I hope you and your family had a blessed Christmas day with your family.

Sadly, for my family I learned of the passing of my 96 year old maternal grandma about 1:00est on Christmas day. She went to be with her Lord and is now in complete rest.
We rejoice In the full long life she lived. She always told me she wanted to live to be 100 years...she gave it a valiant try. I would so covet your prayers for my mom, her sister and our entire family during this next week.

Grace Estelle Marie Stites Lane, you will be missed!

I do plan to travel to Boise where we will be honoring her life.

Thank you in advance.
Lorena

9 comments:

BrushedByAnAngel said...

Lorena, I am so sorry for your loss. I never knew either of my grandparents as they died before I was born. You were very fortunate to have her with you for so many years. Take care and God bless.
Brenda

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Dear Lorena,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time.
Sincerely with warm hugs, Laura

Sue said...

So sorry to hear your news. Thoughts and prayers to you.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Dear Lorena,
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad you were able to have her a part of your life for so many years. My grandmother, who I was very close to, passed away when I was only seven and I still miss her after all these years! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Take care, sweet friend.

Hugs,
Sandi

Unknown said...

I'm sorry for your loss, no matter how long we have our loved ones it is hard to see them go, my prayers are with you at this time. 96 years is a wonderful gift, my Dad passed just after is 99th birthday and he is still missed, hugs to you this holiday season. Marilou

Sarita Boyette said...

I'm so sorry for your loss - I do hope your journey is a safe one. The best gift your grandmother could have given you is her testimony of loving her Lord. xoxo

GwendolynKay said...

So sorry for your loss, I pray she is in paradise and I pray for comfort for you and your family.
Blessings and hugs~
Gwenny

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Lorena,
I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers.
Hugs,
Debbie

Shirl said...

Hello Lorena, I'm so sorry about your grandmother and I have had you and your family in my prayers since I've heard of her passing! Please have a safe trip. Prayers and hugs!
Love, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage