Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Friday, December 10, 2010

HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY DEAREST DAUGHTER!


To my Sweet Daughter Michaela!

Where has the time gone?
Can it really be 19 years ago that you decided you
couldn't wait to enter the world?  You weren't suppose to be
here until January 11th...but I guess you didn't get that memo.

But there is so much more to this story, of course.
Just one week earlier your Aunt delivered your cousin
7 weeks early.  We knew she was coming due to complications
in your aunts pregnancy.  We rejoiced as a healthy 5lb 4 oz cuz girl was born.  
(Little did we know that the 2 of you would be *only's* and
 become more like sisters are you grew older. )
As we rushed to be at the hospital to see our newest
bundle of joy...I clearly remember grammy hugging me and saying
how glad she was to know that we still had about 6
more weeks to wait for you.
Ha...
To the day, 1 week later you awoke me at 4:00 a.m. pst to let
me know that you were on your way.  Being a first time momma
I was so unsure of what to do and was more worried about
you being okay.  On que, you hickuped and I knew you were just fine!
You see, I knew at my last exam that you were
*Footling* breach...meaning your feet were down in the
birth canal, not your head.
As your daddy and I rushed drove that very long 20 minutes
to the hospital I began having contractions that
were 10 minutes apart.  Things were happening soooo fast...

As we got into the hospital  we were greeted by a nurse, who
as she took us to the examing room, mentioned to me  "Oh, this is your
first pregnancy? well, we have many who are probably ahead of you here."
Again...little did she know you...lol
So she told me to get into Hospital garb...then I mentioned
to her that at my last check up that I knew you were breach.
She jerked her head around and told me to get upon that table...
on NOT to move. 
Well as things go here in our story...she realized as she was
checking things...your lil feetsies were in the birth canal.
She FLEW out of that room and started
calling out to the others that they needed help in here...
and to get the anathesiologist in there as fast as we can.
By that time, my contractions were coming VERY fast and she
knew that she needed to get them slowed in order to
get my Doctors notified and me prepped and ready to
deliver...C-section.

Less than 4 hours later at 7:45 am your
little squeals were heard in the delivery room.  Our
Dr. announced to us that we had a girl and then asked your name...
Michaela Ellen Wheeler
5lb 1oz, 17 inches
You were sooooo tiny and 5 weeks early.
But praise GOD you were thriving and needed just
to be placed under heated lights and given a
little sugar water.

After 4 very long days in the hospital we were the
proud parents of a tiny little girl that we
got to take home and introduce to our *other*
kitty children...whom instantly loved you!


And here we are 19 years later celebrating your birth!  What
a pleasure it has been to be your mom.  To see you grow up
and to be a part of your life.  This past year we saw you
graduate with honors and move on to College.  The future holds
so many unknowns but I KNOW you will succeed in whatever you
put your mind too.  Just like you came early into this world
you have never stopped to amaze me with your cheerful
countenance, zest for life and fun and love for GOD.  I can't wait to see
what happens next and hopefully be a part in that too!



Our roles as parents have begun to change and  I am enjoying my baby
girl in a new way...that of being a guide and friend.
Something I cherish more than you will ever know!

I LOVE you my sweet baby girl!
Mom
 


.

7 comments:

Rebecca Nelson said...

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I can't see to type.

Beautiful tribute to your more that gorgeous girl. Happy Birthday to her and blessings on you. What an awesome Momma you have been.

Love to you~

Rebecca

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy Birthday to your precious
Baby Girl !!!
Warmly,
deb :)

Cindy said...

Precious baby girl and now a beautiful young lady. Happy 19th to your dear Michaela!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Michaela...what a beautiful young woman you've grown into.
Precious story...precious family,
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Lorena, what a beautiful daughter you have! Her baby pictures are just precious and thank goodness she was fine when she came so early! She was so tiny at 5lb 1oz! That is what my little granddaughter weighs right now and she is a week old tomorrow. Happy Birthday to Michaela! May she be blessed with many more happy years and the two of you have many happy years together as girlfriends!

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Lorena!
Happy Birthday to your forever baby! She is absolutely gorgeous and has the sweetest smile ever!!
Warmest Regards and Christmas Blessings to you and your family!
Lynn

GwendolynKay said...

Your daughter is so lovely! What a nice tribute to her. I have a similar story, my only son was a breech, c section preemie, 6 weeks, he weighed in at 4lbs 5oz. born at 4 am , had to have help breathing for a few days and such, now he is a 23 year old, 6 foot tall man.
Blessings and Happy Birthday to your daughter.
Gwenny