Rose ~ Chic ~ Friends: My blog is all about you; friends and sharing lifes journey...My love for all things Chic; repurposed, crafted, painted in many venues... and My LOVE for all things Roses! which show up in my home and created projects.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

~~~Recent Thrifting FINDS~~~

Hey Sweet Chic Friends!

It's that thrill of the hunt!
A giddy feeling you get when you spy that
oh so wonderful treasure...
YOU MUST HAVE!!!

Yep, I think many of us can relate to this!
I love seeing other bloggers share their
many treasured finds!

Would you like to see some recent treasures
I have found?

I collect vintage Purses and this one reeeeeally caught my eye!
Some creative person took a lovely purse and made it even
better...if you look close, a needle point piece
has been overlayed on top of the front side of this purse...
then it was embellished with velvet leaves and really
cool bead work! Snagged this jewel for $5!!!

LOOK at this shelf!!!!
I am seeing this all done up in creamy whites!
A real steal...$5


Then I spied these ceramic roses on a wire!
NEVER have I seen anything like these before...hmmm
I have loads of ideas of how these can be used!

Of course, you all know I have a *thang* for roses.
These papered style roses were all the rage in the late 80's
and I have seen many in pinks but have not seen them in blues...
but I knew just what I'd do with these pretties!
steal....99c

LOVE, LUV, LURVE the shape of this jar!
Sweetie for $3!!!

See, I have already put it to good usage!
I have so many unwound ribbons and need a place to put them
so I can see them...you know I am soooooo visual.
Gotta have my pretty things so I can see them! lol

So... remember the blue roses?

I added a little tulle and then hung it from the top
of my lovely dresser mirror!
Loving how it looks now!


There you have it...isn't this fun?
I sure thinks so!

Thanks for stopping by!

Lorena!


3 comments:

Brenda ~ The Heminger Farmhouse said...

Hi Lorena :) Girl, you found yourself some FABULOUS finds!! I am really liking that shelf! Oh yes, paint it white, and display some pretty china inside..yummy!! Love the purse and those gorgeous ceramic roses!! Don't you just LOVE thrift shopping ~ I always get so excited when I find some fabulous! What fun!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Lorena,

LOVE that purse and what a steal!!
That shelf is an Old Home interiors piece!! Can't wait to see what you do with it.
And I love what you did with the roses!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Rebecca Nelson said...

I use to have one of the cabinet things. I bought it in 1981 from Home Interiors and it was expensive back then (about $40). You got a great deal! LOVE IT!

xoRebecca